It’s entirely possible —
And, why not have the kids make their own valentines this year?
Here are some they’ll LOVE making and giving, even without the candy!
Make your own valentine’s —
It’s inexpensive, easy and fun to do together!
Here are some of the cutest non-candy (and a couple candy because I couldn’t resist) Valentine ideas with free printables that I could find, especially for YOU!
So, get the paper, glue, markers, pencils, crayons, scissors, stapler, tiny toys, yarn and
whatever else you have sleeping in that junk drawer.
Gather the kids and have at it!
- Assorted Valentines by Secret Agent Josephine. You can give these cute animal valentines ‘as-is’, or attach a toy or treat.
- Glow Stick printable valentines from 30 Minute Crafts. Everyone loves a glow stick!
- Goldfish printable valentine from DimplePrints. Yum!
- Lego Valentines from Easy Green Mom. Calling all Lego-lovers!
- What Does the Fox Say printable Valentines from Easy Green Mom. Perfect for your pre-schooler!
- Gummy Bear printable valentines from Easy Green Mom. Yes, it’s candy, but it’s sooo cute! Just put as many or few gummy bears as you want into a little baggie and attached the printable. You’re in total control here!
- Clementine Valentines from The Cards We Drew for a fun and healthy treat!
- Ah-MAZE-ing Free Printable Valentines from Balancing Home. A little activity valentine!
- Bookmark printable valentines from Positively Splendid. Who can’t always use a bookmark?!
These should keep you and the kids
happily busy for hours at a time.
Invite friends — put out some healthy snacks, and call it a party!
The life so short, the crafts so long to learn. — Geoffrey Chaucer
Tell Us —
Did you make your own valentines when you were a kid? (I remember being so excited choosing the ‘ready-made’ at the store.) But, now I LOVE creating with our daughter — she’s almost 13 and quite the little ‘creative’! Done anything artsy-crafty with your kiddos lately? Let me know below.